Specialty & Referral Hospitals
There are certain situations that require pet’s to be seen by a board certified specialty veterinarian. We are extremely lucky to have a close working relationship with Boston Veterinary Specialists (BVS). Boston Veterinary Specialists is one of Boston’s most established private specialty practices, providing specialized veterinary surgery for over 25 years. We are not a university or teaching hospital, and do not train residents to perform surgery on our patients. We work closely with referring veterinarians and pet owners to provide specialty care in a timely manner, with compassion and exceptional service.
- Diagnosis, medical management and surgical treatment of lameness
- Cranial cruciate ligament repairs using TPLO (Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy) TTA (Tibial Tuberosity Advancement ) and Lateral Tibio-Fabellar Suture (extracapsular)
- Meniscal and other knee injury repairs
- Correction of hereditary limb abnormalities, luxating patella, growth plate abnormalities and injuries.
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery for medial coronoid process disease, osteochondritis dissecans, biceps tenosynovitis and other joint procedures
- Surgical care and management of hip dysplasia from puppyhood to old age.
- Fracture repair
Soft Tissue and Abdominal Surgery
- Oncologic surgery
- Skin reconstruction
- Mass removal
- Wound closure
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Urogenital surgery
- Laparoscopic procedures
Head and Neck Surgery
- Soft palate resection
- Total ear canal ablation
- Surgical treatment of laryngeal paralysis
Surgical Services Also Include:
- 24 hour care, including monitoring of vital signs (heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature), diet, intake and eliminations.
- Close monitoring during recovery by our veterinarians and nursing staff–pain medications and antibiotics are precisely administered and your surgeon’s specific instructions are followed at all times.
- Clean bedding and caring personal attention to your pet’s physical comfort and emotional well-being.
- Regular updates for you and your referring veterinarian.