As of April 6th, 2020, Dedham Veterinary Associates will be resuming our normal business hours for urgent care only. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during our temporary closure. The State of Massachusetts has deemed veterinary services as essential, so our team is able to continue to provide care for your pets during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our first priority right now is urgent and time-sensitive care. Once those clients have been cared for, we will begin to accommodate a small amount of preventative care and vaccine needs as much as possible. We ask you to please bear with us and be patient as we navigate these uncharted waters with severely limited resources. We will be providing frequent updates, so please keep an eye on your email, our website, and our Facebook page.
If you feel your pet needs care, don’t worry! We’re here for you, just follow these steps:
- Connect First: If your pet is sick or you feel they need to come in for a visit, give us a call first at 781-326-2800 or email us at email@example.com. You can also chat with our doctors on Airvet! The app allows you to chat and video call with our doctors from the comfort of your home. Either over the phone or the Airvet app, we’ll discuss what’s going on and come up with a plan together.
- To get started on the Airvet app, visit https://www.airvet.com/download
- Create your account and when prompted, select Dedham Veterinary Associates as your primary hospital
- Select your primary veterinarian
- Complete your profile and begin connecting with us
- Please note: If you’d like to connect with us on Airvet, please use the “Find First Available Vet” option. We are doing our best to have one of our doctors available on Airvet during business hours, but it may not be your regular vet. If you choose the “My Vet” option, your request will not be answered until your regular veterinarian is scheduled for Airvet coverage, which could be several days. If we don’t have a vet logged into Airvet when you call in, you can expect a response from us within 24 hours.
- Curbside Service: If our plan includes having your pet come in for a visit, one of our team members will meet you outside of our hospital. We’ll bring your pet inside for an exam and back out to you when we’re done. This means that unfortunately, you will not be able to accompany your pet during their visit. However, rest assured that our teams are fully trained in safe pet handling and of course, we’ll give them some extra love to make their experience as comfortable as possible.
- Check Back Often: Developments are happening rapidly in this public health crisis. Our teams are monitoring carefully and we may need to update our operations plans and our hours as time goes on. We’ll keep you updated here on this page and on our social media sites, so check back often for updates.
The Dedham Veterinary Associates team look forward to continuing to serve you during this uncertain time. We are here for you!