Dedham Veterinary Associates offers various surgical services, including most dentistry services, spaying, neutering & mass removals.
As a comprehensive facility, we strive to make the latest in veterinary diagnostics and therapeutics available to our clients. We provide patient comfort, care, and security through our fully equipped hospital and our staff is fully trained to assist our veterinarians in recognizing problems quickly and accurately.
Our facility offers:
- A state of the art surgical suite and diagnostic facilities with our trained and certified veterinary technicians to monitor your pet’s needs during all procedures.
- ISO unit (pet isolation ward)
- A well-equipped laboratory that enables us to perform testing quickly and accurately, and provides you with timely results for your pet.
- Complete dental care for teeth cleaning and extractions.
- Surgical laser available for surgical procedures.
Surgical procedures we offer:
- Feline and Canine spay and neuters
- Dental procedures including extractions
- Growth and mass removals (simple and complex)
- Wound or laceration repair
CO2 Laser Surgery:
We are proud to offer the latest in laser surgery as one of the many highly technical options for your pet. We obtain the most advanced laser surgery system so we can provide the best possible healthcare for your four-legged family member. Just as with the latest human surgical lasers, the benefits of laser surgery for your pet include- reduced pain, reduced bleeding, reduced swelling, reduced risk of infection, extreme surgical precision, and faster recovery.
A surgical laser emits a high concentrated beam of light-which is the only thing that touches your pet. Our laser seals nerve endings so patients are much more comfortable during and after surgery. It also seals blood vessels, dramatically decreasing bleeding, while making the surgical field easier to see. Since nothing but the beam touches the patient, trauma to tissue is reduced. It also seals the lymphatics, reducing swelling after surgery. While the laser can be used to make large incisions, it is so precise that it can selectively remove only a few cells at a time “erasing” unhealthy tissue. And our laser kills any bacteria along its path, reducing the risk of infection.