Veterinary Technician Assistant
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician Assistant to join our team of now five general practice veterinarians, along with our amazing support team and skilled nursing staff. The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for direct support to the assigned Technician, Veterinarian, or Hospital Department.
- Provide nothing but the best customer service for our clients and top-notch veterinary care to our patients.
- We care for felines and canines; coming aboard with veterinary medical knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Position involves: clinics, radiology, lab, and receptionist tasks
- Tasks include: restraint, history collection, patient vitals (weight, temp, etc.), assist taking x-rays, prepare lab samples for outside lab and perform in-house testing, client education, sterile/sanitary approaches and much more….
- Two years of veterinary hospital experience is preferred
- Completion or in process of a Veterinary Assistance education program is desired
- Must have a passion/drive for strengthening current skills and developing new ones as you grow with us.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Lift and restrain at least 40 lbs and work on feet most of the day
All staff members at DVA work rotating weekends, no major holidays or on-call shifts.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating how you feel you are a fit for our position and include your desired compensation.